Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Calendar - Day 14

Hej ladies!
Thank you for following our Advent Calendar. Before I show you my Holiday tutorial I would like to announce the winner from yesterday. The lucky number is:.........12 - Gila

Please contact Summer through the sidebar button to claim your stamp of choice.
I decided to create a little lantern/lamp. I'm sure you've done these before - as I did a long time ago in school.
* Take your favourite DP and cut it in the desired size.

* Score at the bottom and the top - I scored at 3 cm - please note cm and not inch.
* Cut stripes from the top score line to the bottome one. Note - do not cut all the way. I cut 1 cm wide stripes.
* Then - roll the paper together to a cylinder and glue the sides together.
* It should look like this now:
* Take a window sheet and glue it together so that it also forms a cylinder.
* Insert the cylinder into the paper lantern/lamp and decorate as you like. I used cute little Brooke, some lace, ribbon with X-mas stars and socks etc, flower and leaves.

Then I inserted a little tea candle - but not a real one - but one that runs on battery. Here's a pic from another angle.  

Hope you like this tutorial and try to create one as well. Remember to leave your name in the Linky Tool below so that you have the chance to be in the random drawing for a Holiday Stamp from
Belles 'n Whistles. Then check back in tomorrow to see who the lucky winner is and what hides behind Advent Calendar - Day 15.

Kram and good luck!
Anki


13 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Anki ;o)
    Thank you for the tutorial ..

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wie klasse, danke
    eine tolle laterne ist das, haben wir als kinder auch gebastelt
    lg gila

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous. A neat decoration especially this time of year. Thanks for instructions. Love it.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a sweet decoration. No, haven't made any of those, but might give it a try when time allows...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the tutorial, this looks great
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project and thanks for the tutorial Anki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so Impressed.. This is lovely!!.. And perfect for kids to make at home... If you have a battery lamp like this...
    I love the idea.. And your`s is Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Anki LOVE IT!!!!! Great colors and so christmasy:)
    Hugz and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo cool I love it.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo cute, and I suddenly remembered, that we made these when we were kids in school, so it was pretty awesome to see them again and remeber long forgotten times here, and I will just have to try these out again now, I guess he he he

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tutorial, thanks a lot!
    Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is fabulous. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, your image is adorable! Thanks for the wonderful tut!

    ReplyDelete